TuFFGrass Uses Infill Because
Infill Helps Your Artificial Grass Perform
and the Best Infill Helps It LAST Longer!
We Specify The Exact Materials Your Project Needs!
Infill has 3 specific tasks
1. It is drop spread across the surfaces to add ballast – weighing the grasses down, evenly, across the installation
2. It hides the bottom of the fibers and the backing from exposure to UV – helping it to last longer
3. The infill will “fill in” between the grass fiber tufts and rows, helping to provide “vertical stability” – holding the blades upright, even under high traffic
Each Infill Material Has It’s Own Properties
Some artificial grass infill materials are used for weight and others are used to provide resiliency.
We often will combine different infill materials together to achieve the desired results for your project.
TuFFGrass has Partnered With Leading INFILL Solutions Manufacturers to Bring the BEST Artificial Grass INFILL to market.
- Each INFILL has a specific cost or price point – mostly dependent upon the availability of the materials and the shipping costs
TuFFGraSs doesn’t look for low-cost alternatives
We ONLY use the best materials!!!
Our “go to” infill solution is:
EnviroFill – aka DuroFill
Our Coated Silica Quartz INFILL is NOT Plain Sand
Rounded in Shape – This MONO (Single) Crystal Granule is
Safer, Softer and More Durable than Angular Materials
Types of INFILL Materials We Do NOT USE and Why
- Masons Sand
– high dust and lime content, silting, compaction
- Playground Sand
– mixed size, shape and type of particulate, irregular sizes, uneven surfaces
- Paver Sand
– small size and angular shape, in a fine grit, high dust content, silting, compaction
- Slag Options
– high dust content, compactable, heavy metal contaminants
- Perlite or Kitty Litter
– high dust content, too light (floats), low hardness (crushes), contaminants
- We find these materials are TOO dusty and TOO SHARP to use as infill for Artificial Grass and Synthetic Turf Projects – the high dust content of the material will reduce percolation, make surfaces compact & can damage yarns, under traffic
TuFFGrass, Inc. © 2017. All Rights Reserved.